Most of my clients have to learn 101 new little details every day. Moving to another country is among the top 10 stress factors globally and often that stress shows in your body.
Ask yourself a few questions:
- Did you have to take care of several family members?
- Did you manage most of the move and are you still dealing with most of the housework?
- Do you take care of the child or children?
- Have your own needs fallen behind?
- Are you tense and do you feel a lack of sleep?
- Have you changed your nutritional habits?
- Have you gained or lost a lot of weight since moving here?
What you can do to help your body adjust to the new environment?
- Go for a 30-minute walk outside every day.
- Book a relaxation massage
- Practice mindfulness
- Listen to quiet music
- Practice active meditation
- Practice a relaxation method regularly such as Progressive Muscle Relaxation.
- Eat more vegetables and protein, reduce alcohol, caffeine and nicotine.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Progressive Muscle Relaxation is a guided exercise where you tense and release muscles in your body either sitting or lying down. It is proven to have a relaxing effect on the body and helps you into deep relaxation. It is best practiced daily at the same time of day (for example after lunch).
CD in English