Why is it so much fun to work with YOU?
Clients are not always fun but my coaching clients are lovely. Why? Because we have common values:
- We take up feedback and advice to grow at high speed.
- We give others energy by valuing them for who they are and the contribution they make.
- We give good and sincere feedback.
- We value input sharing through interesting articles, blog posts or books.
- We are genuinely nice, helpful and heart (and head) people.
That’s why for me it is a pleasure to spend a day with YOU. More fun than working alone in my office. One day a week I enjoy conceptual work too but I get a lot more energy from interaction with YOU. I want to have more of it. It’s like a drug. I am also choosing the people I want to connect with according to the same principles and again I get energy out of these interactions.
How about you? What’s your strategy to choose your clients? How do you ensure you share the same values?
PS: If you are a service professional or coach like me you might want to take a look at “Book yourself solid” by Michael Port (and no: He does not pay me if you sign up for his website).